Are warts harmful? Are they contagious? Most importantly, what are they?
With years of experience and expertise, Noa Hair has mastered the best ways of warts removal painlessly.
Our experts understand the condition and, at the same time, explain and educate the patient about warts. So, we are here to tell you everything you need to know about warts!
Let’s start with the most basic question.
What are Warts?
Warts are skin infections caused by HPV (Human Papillomavirus) that cause skin-colored rough bumps on the skin.
Warts are contagious, and one can get them just from a physical touch! HPV can enter a person’s body through a simple cut on the skin and cause infections.
Therefore, if you see someone who has a wart, avoid touching him or her. Although they generally appear on the hands, they can affect knees, genitals, and feet.
It is important to note that warts are infections and can infect anyone irrespective of age or skin type.
Who might get them?
As we have mentioned, warps are contagious and can get through a simple cut or break on the skin. Children tend to be more prone as they cut and bruise themselves while playing.
People who have a weakened immune system or suffer from auto-immune diseases can also be affected. Elders can get affected easily too.
Although kids and elders are more prone to warts, anyone can get warts if they are not careful enough.
Types of warts
It’s important to know that the types of warts can vary depending on the affected part of the body. The common types include:
– These warts are grainy and have small growths that appear on the skin. Common warts commonly appear on the hands and fingers.
– These generally appear on the forehead or face.
– These warts appear on the feet soles and are often painful. These generally look like small black dots and resemble calluses. Plantar warts form in clusters.
– As the name suggests, this type of warts appears on the anus, vagina, or penis. These warts can also be transmitted sexually.
Subungual and Periungual
– These types of warts form around or under toenails and fingernails.
Causes and appearance
Remember, warts can enter your body from direct contact with an infected person. The most common causes are –
- Touching or using something already contaminated, like shower floors, doorknobs, towels, etc.
- Touching a wart
- Sexual intercourse
- Cuticle picking and nail-biting
A wart can vary in appearance and look rough, black, grey or skin-colored, rough, flat, and shaped like a dome.
Sometimes warts disappear after some time. If the immune system is strong, it will fight the virus out of the body. But in some cases, warts spread and can cause pain.
Although OTC (over-the-counter) products containing salicylic acid are available, you should always consult a dermatologist first. As mentioned earlier, there are adamant types of warts and won’t go away with at-home medications.
We at Noa Hair have skin experts specializing in wart removal on face or other parts of the body. Our skin experts will determine the type of wart and offer you the best solution.
For any skin-related issues or warts removal, contact us!